Sand Spring Archives - 2000
Sand Spring Advisors provides information and analysis from sources and using methods it believes reliable, but cannot accept responsibility for any trading losses that may be incurred as a result of our analysis. The opinions expressed are not intended as specific investment advice, and simply represent our personal views offered here under our right of free speech. Sand Spring Advisors is a NFA registered CTA/CPO, but is not a Registered Investment Advisor. We do not directly trade any client funds. Individuals should consult with their broker and personal financial advisors before engaging in any trading activities, and should always trade at a position size level well within their financial condition. Principals of Sand Spring Advisors may carry positions in securities or futures discussed, but as a matter of policy will always so disclose this if it is the case, and will specifically not trade in any described security or futures for a period 5 business days prior to or subsequent to a commentary being released on a given security or futures.
Previous "Chart du Jours"
- 12-21-00 - Enough?
- 12-20-00 - GATA Gold
- 12-19-00 - Ambivalent Birthday
- 12-14-00 - He's Back - The Jim Baker Factor
- 12-12-00 - Euro-yen on the Move
- 12-10-00 - Crude to Bounce
- 12-07-00 - Short Strokes - S&P Hourly
- 12-06-00 - The Chop Up
- 12-03-00 - In the Farmbelt and On Wall Street
- 11-30-00 - Just a Bit More
- 11-28-00 - New Themes to the Bear
- 11-22-00 - Seasonal Bias- Buy Anglogold
- 11-19-00 - The Rhythm of Oil
- 11-14-00 - Volatility
- 11-12-00 - Ciena Trouble
- 11-09-00 - Don't Look for a Bottom Until...
- 11-08-00 - Hung Up Until December
- 11-06-00 - Bonds: Moving Averages Rolling Over
- 11-03-00 - S&P Defensive Tactics
- 11-02-00 - Financials to Fall
- 10-31-00 - AFLAC - Why So Sporty?
- 10-30-00 - A November Rally? Don't Count on It.
- 10-25-00 - Un-Opened Envelopes
- 10-23-00 - Line in the Sand to Maintain Downside Pressure
- 10-19-00 - First Preliminary Signs of Support
- 10-17-00 - Hong Kong's Hang Seng: the Next Spoiler?
- 10-15-00 - Diamonds in the Sky
- 10-13-00 - The World According to Arch
- 10-11-00 - Motorola - Into Support
- 10-10-00 - Global Crossing: Not Quite Finished
- 10-06-00 - Significant Dates
- 10-04-00 - Debate Dance
- 09-29-00 - A Jump World in Some Danger
- 09-28-00 - If This Chart Was a Stock, Would You Buy It?
- 09-26-00 - Approaching the "Air-Zone:" AMAT
- 09-22-00 - Light Bulbs Illuminate: Intel
- 09-20-00 - Short Strokes after a Long Run: GE
- 09-19-00 - Lucent Update
- 09-16-00 - Geophysical Movements: Sep. Equity Index Charts
- 09-14-00 - Apple: 29 1/2 Target
- 09-10-00 - Where the Excess Lies
- 09-08-00 - Trouble, Trouble
- 09-06-00 - Oct. Crude $37.22 Bound
- 08-31-00 - The Last Hurrah
- 08-30-00 - Fade Merrill on Corning
- 8-27-00 - JGBs Sagging, T-Bonds Incomplete
- 8-17-00 - Is That a Huge Head & Shoulders Top in Apple?
- 8-23-00 - Quietly Studying
- 8-15-00 - Slop and Chop
- 8-10-00 - Sometimes News Matters, But...
- 8-03-00 - Lucent Rhythm
- 8-01-00 - How Long Can this Purgatory Continue?
- 7-30-00 - Down with the Pound
- 7-28-00 - Sugarly Ways
- 7-26-00 - Deja Vu and Heavenly Portents
- 7-21-00 - Failed Accounting Standards; Mmm Mmm Good, and Where (if at All) to Invest in Bandwidth
- 7-20-00 - Slouching Toward a Breakout
- 7-18-00 - An Important Point: Yen
- 7-10-00 - A Bear Gone Fishing
- 7-06-00 - USD/JPY Perks To Life
- 6-30-00 - Nasdaq/Dow Ratio: An Update
- 6-29-00 - A Seasonal Swing: Gold
- 6-24-00 - A Fulfilled Prognostication and Internet Trouble
- 6-22-00 - Web-TV Thoughts
- 6-21-00 - The Pause that Refreshes
- 6-18-00 - Xerox Fire Sale?
- 6-15-00 - In Limbo
- 6-12-00 - AUD/USD - A Possible Pattern Match
- 6-08-00 - Something Smells - Reliance
- 6-02-00 - Euro-yen: Clawing its Way North
- 5-30-00 - Priceline.com - Bounce Time as Well
- 5-28-00 - NYA Index Rhythm
- 5-26-00 - Equity in Drag
- 5-24-00 - Turning Agnostic - Bounce Time in Japan
- 5-23-00 - Watch Tuesday Headlines on the GSEs
- 5-21-00 - A Scary Wush Down
- 5-18-00 - Friday is Important
- 5-17-00 - Who's in Denial?
- 5-13-00 - Punch Drunk
- 5-08-00 - Here Comes Wheat
- 5-05-00 - May 5, 2000 Cycle Date
- 5-03-00 - FX Focus
- 5-1-00- Not Finished: Perspectives for May
- 4-27-00 - Buy Eur/Jpy; Sell Mortgages
- 4-25-00 - Euro Excess
- 4-23-00 - Empty Auctions
- 4-20-00 - Bear Busters
- 4-19-00 - AMZN: Sell Against the Neckline
- 4-17-00 - Cisco Saps
- 4-14-00 - May 4th. Looms
- 4-13-00 - Nikkei Nonsense
- 4-12-00 - Heavenly Portents
- 4-11-00 - Intel - Either a "C" or III Wave Down
- 4-09-00 - Broken Internets
- 4-06-00 - Complacent Times
- 4-05-00 - A Top in Citi? -- But Some Long Term Strength Elsewhere
- 4-04-00 - The DJIA Will Not be the Savior Here
- 4-02-00 - Monday, Monday...Could Be Rough
- 3-30-00 - Suspicious Footfalls in Gold
- 3-28-00 - Equity Rhythms
- 3-25-00 - European Vibes
- 3-23-00 - Panic Cycle Time
- 3-22-00 - DJIA Has Bought Itself Some Time, But Little More
- 3-20-00 - Hold onto Your Homburg
- 3-17-00 - Behaving Like Pavlov's Dog
- 3-15-00 - Outside Day Down: Intel
- 3-14-00 - 4-Day Gold Coil
- 3-12-00 - Is that a Huge Head & Shoulders Top We Spy? Amazon
- 3-10-00 - Almost There: Cisco
- 3-08-00 - 1274-1280 Minimum S&P Target
- 3-06-00 - A Certain Fixation
- 3-04-00 - CAC-40: Near a Picture Perfect Top
- 3-01-00 - Why March 2-6 Is an Important Period
- 2-28-00 - DJIA: Toward Point 28
- 2-25-00 - Society Reflecting Itself
- 2-23-00 - No Inflation?
- 2-22-00 - Temporary Hung Jury
- 2-19-00 - As Above, So Below
- 2-18-00 - Dollar Up, Stocks Down
- 2-17-00 - An Ominous Looking Value Line Index
- 2-16-00 - When the Fibonacci Rhythm Does Not Fit: UAL
- 2-15-00 - Targets in the Sky
- 2-14-00 - The Message from Pets.com
- 2-12-00 - DJIA: Toward Lindsay's "Point 26"
- 2-11-00 - A Fallen Value
- 2-10-00 - Out of Control
- 2-9-00 - Guideposts in the Nasdaq's Ongoing Wild Ride
- 2-8-00 - USD/JPY - A Long Term Perspective
- 2-5-00 - Global Crossing - A Multiday Coil
- 2-4-00 - When the Curve Inverts - A Historical Perspective
- 2-3-00 - Japan Holds the Key: JGB Market of Particular Importance
- 2-2-00 - S&P Broadening Formation: 1428 Resistance Important
- 1-30-00 - Some Markets Just Beginning (Nikkei), Other Markets Closer to Being Temporarily Complete (DJTA)
- 1-27-00 - Two Important Days, Qualcomm, and Palladium/Gold
- 1-26-00 - Dangerous Dell: $27 Fibonacci Target if the Weekly Trendline Breaks
- 1-25-00 - Disney Magic? No, 5-Waves Down on the Hourly Nasdaq
- 1-24-00 - A Watershed Day for the Nasdaq
- 1-23-00 - The Lessons of Lucent: Particularly for the S&P
- 1-19-00 - Take a Look at Cocoa as We Scale out of Oil
- 1-18-00 - What is the great appeal of Yahoo?
- 1-17-00 - TVX to Knock the "SOX" off of Chip Stocks from Here
1-13-00 - Crude to launch a final 5th. wave rally of some significance
- 1-12-00 - British Pound ready for a Decline
Although the price action has been sloppy for a long time, the wave structure of the British pound remains somewhat more clear and decidedly bearish.
- 1-11-00 - DJIA: New Highs but No New View
As long as we close the week below 11,541 look to today's rally to new all-time highs as a potential 5th. wave finale.
- 1-10-00 - DJIA Classic II Wave? New highs 1/10/00 now makes our original wave count a bit suspect. A final 5th. wave rally is now more likely underway. Nonetheless, we should be in the final short strokes of a final advance. A weekly close back below 11,541 on the DJIA would validate a still bearish view.
For the moment, we are once again perhaps a bit premature in our bearishness.
- 1-7-00 - Lucent -- While intermediate term bearish, this stock should have a nice bounce off of $51-$52 100-day moving average support;
- 12-23-99 - Copper Still Incomplete -- 92.30 should be seen before a high in copper should be anticipated.
- 12-21-99 Gold vs Silver -- Sell Silver at 5.21 versus our long gold from 383.80?
- 12-20-99 - DJIA -- Evening Star formation potentially dangerous to equity bulls if any further weakness 12/21/99; Higher since, but still topping. A bit painful.
- 12-18-99 - Feb Gold -- Buy at 283.80 with 293.10 short term target, 280.90 stop-loss;
Take me back to the Sand Spring Home Page
Take me back to the Sand Spring 2001 Archives
Go to page to Order Articles
Comments or Problems
Thank you for visiting Sand Spring Advisors LLC. For more information on Sand Spring Advisors actual programs, services, or to request a copy of a Disclosure Document, please phone us at 973 829 1962, FAX your request to 973 829 1962, or e-mail us at info@Sandspring.com
10 Jenks Road,
Morristown, NJ 07960
Phone: 973 829 1962
Facsimile: 973 829 1962
Best Experienced with
Click here to start.
The material located on
this website is also the copyrighted work of Sand Spring Advisors LLC.
No party may copy, distribute or prepare derivative works based on this material
in any manner without the expressed permission of Sand Spring Advisors LLC
This page and all contents are Copyright © 1999 by Sand Spring Advisors, LLC, Morristown, NJ